Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Sandlake Country Inn
The weather is starting to feel like fall and for me, that's the start of change. Things that change here at our bed and breakfast, Sandlake Country Inn means the clean air is crisper, a little lighter schedule and I can take some time to try new recipes to keep me inspired in the kitchen.
Today's inspiration came from a carton of ricotta cheese in the fridge and some left over lemons. Hmmm, I had heard of lemon ricotta pancakes, but I've never cooked or eaten them. It was time to change that! When looking for new recipes I look for simple, quick and delicious. Just like most busy working people! These turned out fabulous and were light, fluffy and quick to whip up.
At Sandlake Country Inn, we deliver breakfast to the guest's door and when we have a full house, it's too difficult to get pancakes to the door and keep them fresh and hot. So, pancakes are served when we have less rooms filled which was what was happening this morning.
If the guest's empty breakfast basket is any indication, these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are a keeper!
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (approx 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat electric griddle to moderately-high heat. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, ricotta, eggs, vanilla & melted butter until blended. Then, whisk lemon zest with lemon juice and add to milk mixture. Pour into flour mixture and whisk just to combine.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto buttered griddle and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface of pancake. Flip and cook until golden brown.
By the way, fall is a great time to visit us on the Oregon coast. Crisp weather, less tourists and hey, I just might be able to make you these light, delicious Lemon Ricotta Pancakes!
Your innkeeper/cook/wedding planner/trip consultant/concierge...
Diane & Ron Emineth,